Golf Coaches at Morningstar
in Parksville, BC
About Our Coaches
Our team of coaches include award winners, a former tour professional and a Hall of Famer! They are passionate about sharing their knowledge and experiences with our students and look forward to seeing whenever you need them. Please continue reading to find out more about our instructors.
John Randle – Academy Director and Lead Instructor
John’s life in golf has been a great journey. It began as a competitive junior, continued to collegiate and then professional golf and for the past 20+ years, before joining Morningstar as Director of Golf, was a full-time golf instructor and coach,
- Three-time PGA of BC Teacher of the Year – most recently in 2020
- Former Head Coach of Camosun Chargers – team won a National Championship in 2015 and finished top-3 at Nationals 4 other times during his tenure
- John’s continuous pursuit of knowledge includes achieving certifications with TPI, Trackman, K-Vest 3D, GolfPsych, Swing Catalyst, Foresight, Dr. Kwon Biomechanics and more.
- Played NCAA Div.1 golf at University of Washington
- Playing career included 7 years on the PGA Tour of Canada, South African Tour and 2 events on the PGA Tour
- Winner of over 50 professional events with a low tournament score of 60
- Member of Team Titleist
- Director of Golf at Morningstar
- Email John – [email protected]
Mike Loewen – Head Professional and Academy Instructor
Mike comes to Morningstar from the Okanagan where he was the Head Professional at Sunset Ranch Golf and Country Club since 2016. He was also Head Professional at Canoe Creek (now called Shuswap National) and Assistant Professional at Predator Ridge. A Class A PGA member since 2012, Mike brings a tremendous set of skills and invaluable experience to Morningstar. In his spare time, he has also been very involved in coaching junior hockey.
- Head Professional at Morningstar
- Email Mike – [email protected]