Morningstar Golf Club
Sharing the Game We Love
We are currently seeking a Kitchen Helper for our Morningstar Grill Restaurant. This position is an excellent entry level position for someone interested in learning about day-to-day restaurant operation or with plans to pursue a career in the hospitality industry.
Our Kitchen Helper is a key member of the Morningstar Food and Beverage team providing day-to-day kitchen support in The Grill Restaurant including but not limited to assisting kitchen staff with retrieving and stocking shelves; assisting servers with clearing tables and keeping the restaurant clean; and dishwashing and sanitizing in accordance with Morningstar Golf Club standards and expectations. Our Kitchen Helper must be able to work flexible hours including early evenings and weekends; be physically able to complete assigned tasks; and have a genuine interest in helping our customers enjoy the best possible experience while dining at the Morningstar Grill Restaurant.
The ideal candidate for this position would:
- Demonstrate excellent communication and social skills being friendly, outgoing, approachable, and genuinely interested in establishing positive relationships and providing excellent experiences for Morningstar restaurant customers and other team members.
- Be self-motivated, able complete tasks to a high standard as directed; have a positive attitude and a willingness to learn; and be an engaged member of the Morningstar Food & Beverage team.
- Be able to lift up to 30 lbs and be able to stand for extended periods of time during each shift.
- Having the BC Food Safe Certificate is considered an asset – completion of this certification would be supported
Salary and Benefits
- $15.65 to start plus tips
- Golf at no cost
- Free range balls for practice facilities
- Reduced rate golf instruction
- Golf Shop merchandise at 15% over cost
- 50% discount on restaurant food
Insert “Kitchen Helper Position Application” in the subject line of the email when submitting your resume to [email protected].
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org