Website Morningstar Golf Club
Sharing the Game We Love
We are currently seeking Starters for our Golf Operations team. Our Starters support members and guests in two critical roles – course ambassador and tee sheet facilitator. As a Morningstar Golf Course ambassador, Starters meet golfers prior to their tee off time to greet them and share any information important so each group has an enjoyable and successful round at Morningstar. As tee sheet facilitators, Starters ensure groups tee off on time so each group has the best opportunity to maintain pace of play. Our Starters are flexible and adaptive at fulfilling both roles with the goal of ensuring all members and guests feel welcome, valued, and eager to return while, at the same time, advocating for their adherence to course policies and guidelines.
Qualifications and Skills
The ideal candidate for this position would:
- Demonstrate excellent communication and social skills being friendly, outgoing, approachable, and genuinely interested in establishing positive relationships and providing excellent experiences for Morningstar members and guests.
- Demonstrate the mental and physical agility to “think on one’s feet” while managing groups of golfers with varying golf experience, needs, and check in speeds
- Demonstrate comfort and effectiveness using an iPad device and the tee sheet application currently in use at Morningstar Golf Club
- Demonstrate a thorough knowledge of the game of golf, rules of play, and league/tournament formats.
- Be self-motivated, able to work alone and/or unsupervised, but also as an engaged member of the Morningstar Golf Operations team.
- Having experience in customer service and course marshalling is considered an asset to the role
Salary and Benefits
- Starting salary $15.65 /hr
- Golf at no cost
- Free range balls for practice facilities
- Employee discount on golf instruction
- Employee discount on Golf Shop merchandise
- Employee discount on restaurant meals
If you appreciate being valued and supported in your work and are looking to develop a wide variety of skills applicable in many environments, please submit your resume to [email protected] with “Starter Application” in the subject line.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org